Our collaboration with Further Education Colleges, Universities, and Industry partners aims to provide learners with advanced technical qualifications and the necessary skills demanded by employers.
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
BENEFITS TO EMPLOYERS
There are many ways in which working with the Institute can benefit employers:
- Tackle current skills gaps and prepare for future skills needs.
- Develop and retain local talent, reducing the need to recruit out of the region.
- Courses and programmes designed by employers, for employers.
- Industry standard, specialist training facilities.
- Opportunities to retain and up-skill existing staff through high-quality provision and assist them to gain prestigious and industry specific qualifications.
- Attract new talent to the digital, engineering and construction sectors by working with students that are gaining the skills you need.
- Provide strategic leadership across STEM provision.
HOW EMPLOYERS CAN GET INVOLVED
These are just some examples of how you can support Institute of Technology as an employer partner.
Careers Support for Learners
- Take part in career development days.
- Provide work experience opportunities for learners and delivery staff.
- Mentor learners.
- Support for mock interviews/ coaching/ mentoring/ buddies.
- Offer tours of your facilities.
- Live project briefs to support and enhance curriculum.
- Support the development and practical delivery of technology for teachers and staff (CPD).
- Deliver specialist curriculum live from your site.
- Secondment of specialist staff to support the development and delivery of the curriculum.
- Co-create and design curriculum modules and units with our curriculum delivery teams.
- Take part and collaborate in research projects.
- Host events to provide assistance on industry specific areas.
- Offer guest lecturing/ Industry expert master classes.
Hire an Apprentice
- Commit to recruiting apprentices.
Marketing and PR Opportunities
- Sponsor facilities and/or specific course areas within the IoT.
- Sponsor student awards.
- Donate specialist kit and equipment on a long or short term loan.
- Promote and raise awareness of the IoT through your own marketing and websites.
- Support and promote careers fairs.
- Utilise IoT space – for example host your events within the IoT building.
Interested in getting involved? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Supporting Industry Partners