This apprenticeship provides the technical, practical and professional skills required for a successful career as a construction site supervisor in the private or public sector – from the concepts of building design and building science to construction technology, site surveying and data analysis.
Combining current industry practice with associated construction management theories, this apprenticeship leads to a HTQ Construction Management for England, equivalent to the first year of a traditional undergraduate degree.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Site Supervisor are:
- Supervision of specialist contractors
- The control of health and safety standards on construction projects
- Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Control of quality of works on a construction project
- Assisting commercial staff with the monitoring of costs on a construction project
Typical Job Role(s): Assistant Site Manager, Assistant Supervisor or Construction Site Supervisor